On leaving the arid lands of the Causse, you will discover the green valleys of the Lot and Célérivers.
You are now in Ségala-Limargue country where charming villages such as Capdenac le Haut perched high over the Lotor like Espagnac Saint Eulalie hidden in the bend of the Célé.
Situated on the Pilgrim’s road to Saint Jacques ofCompostelle, the historic town of Figeacwill plunge you into the heart of the middle ages with its narrow winding streets and numerous XIII, VIV and XVth century buildings
Lovers of history will be delighted to visit the housewhere Champollion was born (built in the XVIIIth century, it is a fine exampleof the local architecture) It has now been transformed into a museum. You can also discover nearby, the impressive reproduction of the Rosetta stone.
The property is in easy access of main interest locations: Rocamadour, Gouffre de Padirac, Saint Cirq Lapôpie in the Lot , or Conques and VilleFranche de Rouergue in the Aveyron(all less than half an hour away by car), not forgetting Figeac only ten minutes down the road.
- LES JARDINS DE LA CONTIE Chambres et Maisons d'Hôtes de charme *** / Gîtes ***
Built in the XVIIIth century, Les Jardins de la Contiehas retained its original wine press, wood burning bread oven and many barns.
The garden, with its dry stonewalls, has a spectacularview on the Cantal, the Lot and the Aveyron.
Two small dry stone houses:
- Celestine’s is split over two floors, On the ground floor, a 24 squaremeters, double king size bedroom with ensuite bathroom and toilet (it opens out onto the garden) The indoor stairc ase leads upto a 30m²fully equipped kitchen and living room. There is also a mezzanine suitable for two persons (wooden step ladder).
- The Grangette consists of a double bedroom on theground floor with ensuite toilet and bathroom and direct access into the garden. There is also a 30 square meters living room with a fully equipped kitchen and a staircase leading up to a mezzanine where there is a bedroom suitable for two persons (low ceiling)
One inhouse bedroom:
-The Cazelle is a 30 square meters inhouse bedroom withensuite bathroom and toilet and also a private terrace overlooking the garden.
- SWIMMING POOL
Only accessible to residents
Two pools - The small pool (3m x 2m x0.40m deep (spa bath for children) overflows into the larger pool 12m x 6m x (1m to 2.20m deep)
Salt filtration without any chlorine
Open air / Heated / Mid April to mid October
- WIFI throughout the property.
- Nearby you may have access to Tennis courts, riding, canoeing, anglingetc…
And historical and cultural visits.
During the summer season, there are many music and theatre festivals
Many local markets offer daily local products
There are also night markets to taste all the regional specialities
Not to forget all the restaurants to fit all budgets
You may nowproceed with your booking by using our PAYPAL SECURED payment system. (Allmajor Credit and Debit cards are accepted)
The bookingwill only be taken as confirmed upon receipt of a 30% deposit on the total amount* due for your stay.
- Latearrivals (later than 19h00 are possible providing we are informed, to avoid a No Show cancelation
- * Remainingamount will be settled on arrival
- Localtaxes are not included
- Cancelationsare accepted until -30 days before your projected arrival.
- Check-in is between 17h00 and 19h00 or at an agreed time on special request. -/-Arrivals after 19h00 unless advised, are considered as NO SHOWS and will becharged at 100%
- Check-out before 11h00
- GÎTES are available from Saturday 17h00 until the following Saturday at 11h00
- Signed agreement (Gîtes only) must be returned within 10 days of booking. (Agreement available onour web site: www.lacontie.com)
- Animals are only accepted on prior request and acceptation
- NONSMOKING throughout the property
- * All bookings are agreed under full acceptance of our Sales conditions available onour web site: www.lacontie.com